Frequently asked questions about API integration
- How do I get a user to start sending messages through the API?
Any account registered in LabsMobile platform can send messages through API.Creating an account is possible filling out the Registration form entering an email address where the account password should be received.
Once the account is created we recommend you to create a token API through the Passwords section. This token will add more security and will not compromise the general account password in API function calls.
- What resources and help do I have to perform an API integration?
In LabsMobile you can find all the help and support you may need to perform any API integration.
You also have all these resources at your disposal to complete your API integration:
- - Examples of programming code in multiple languages and environments.
- - Plugins, module and extensions of different platforms, frameworks, CMS, etc..
- - Tutorial to perform an integration in 10 easy steps.
- - Other versions of our API that increase the functionality and compatibility.
- - Integration recommendations and good practices.
- - List of characters in the GSM alphabet.
- Where can I find code examples for message sending through LabsMobile API?
You will also find code ejemples for any other version of our API at https://www.labsmobile.com/en/api-sms/code-examples.
- How can I see my sent messages status through API?
Through API it possible to track each sent message status or also receive a URL including each sent message changing status.
It is also possible to access your account dashboard (application WebSMS) using your username and password. Tracking sent messages information is possible in the SMS History section of the application main menu.
Messages can be filtered by a multitude of parameters such as message sending date, number of recipients, sender, etc..
One of the most important data is the message status (Processed, Sent, Expired, Rejected, Non-deliverable, Duplicate, etc.) and date/time in which the last status change occurred.
- How can I increase API message sending security?
Once API integration is done, we recommend reviewing some security aspects, such as:
- - Use HTTPS to encrypt communication between the calling server and the LabsMobile API server. In general it is enough to use https://api.labsmobile.com/ URL.
- - Use an API token that is created in the Account Dashboard’s Passwords section. In this way, the account password will not be compromised and token can be enabled/disabled depending on different uses or integrations.
- - Include the origin server IP in the Account settingssection. Thus, the platform will only admit and process requests coming from this IP address.
- - Configure daily messages and sending maximum traffic (request or call).
- How do I get support for an API integration?
In the event that the documentation and examples available in https://apidocs.labsmobile.com/ are not enough and there are questions or doubts it is possible to contact LabsMobile at email@example.com Support Center (through the account dashboard).
The information to be sent depending on the type of incident or query must include:
- - User account (registration email).
- - Code language (with version and additional configurations).
- - Chosen LabsMobile API version (JSON, GET, POST, WebService, MAIL).
- - Include code lines or function that origins the problem.
- - Approximate date and time of the last API request attempts if they are the reason for the query or problem. One of our support technicians will contact you as soon as possible to answer and solve any issue.
- What tests do I have to do or what should I check in my API integration?
Any API integration with LabsMobile should check the following aspects:
- - Verify that all mandatory fields are always sent and thus there will be no mistakes or errors by required fields non reported.
- - Test integration with concatenated messages (longer than 160 characters).
- - Test the sending of characters non included in the GSM alphabet. In many cases it is necessary to replace some non ASCII characters with
- How can I send test or simulated messages?
Test messages can be sent through API by adding a flag or label to the message sending. The concrete format of this field depends on the API version (JSON, GET, POST, WebService, Mail) and it can be consulted in the online documentation or in the PDF manual.
Sent test messages will not be received by the target recipients and will not deduct any account credits. But they will remain saved in the account SMS History.
Therefore, any test message may be consulted in the SMS History section of the account dashboard.
We highly recommend this type of message sending for the first API integration tests, for simulated campaigns and bulk/massive message sending.
- How can I receive through API notifications about sent messages changing status?
After the message sending it is possible to track through API each sent message changing status. In this way, sending platform will save and record each sent message current status, status changes and all information related.
This status changing can be programmed individually to be received including the fields acklevel and ackurl in the SMS sending request.
It also can be configured through También se puede configurar en las Account settings so a notification URL would be received including all the status changing tracking. All status changes will be received through API or WebSMS.
The way to receive these confirmations, mistakes/errors or status changes is through a HTTP/POST JSON call to a specific URL with the related information (acklevel, msisdn, status, desc, subid, timestamp). More technical information available in the API online description and the PDF manuals.
- How can I track all clicks on sent messages through API?
After the message sending it is possible to track through API all clicks on links included in sent messages. In this way, sending platform will save and record all different clicks and all information related.
The reception of click notification can be programmed individually including click URL field in the message sending request.
Clicks notifications can also be configured in Account settings so a notification URL would be received including all the clicks and URL visits tracking. All clicks on sent messages tracking will be received through API or WebSMS.
The way to receive these clicks is through a HTTP/POST JSON call to a specific URL with the related information (ip, useragent, subid, msisdn, timestamp). More technical information available in the API online description and the PDF manuals.