Frequently asked questions about Message status and historical
- How can I check a sent SMS status?
In the account dashboard through the SMS History section sent messages information and status can be checked.
Filtering or searching messages by a certain period of time or any other field (recipient phone number, message text, sender, etc.) is possible.
One of the search results information columns shows the current sent message status that could be: Processed, Sent, Delivered, Expired, Rejected, Non-deliverable, Duplicate.
- How can I export or download the sent messages list?
Through the SMS History section in the dashboard sent messages data can be checked.
Filtering or searching messages by fields like: sending date, sender, message text, recipient phone number, destination country, etc. is possible.
Any of this section result can be exported to a .CSV file for its analysis or process.
- What possible status can a message show?
Sent messages could show any of the following status:
- - Processed: the message has been received and processed by LabsMobile platform.
- - Sent: the message has been sent to the GSM net, which is the local operator of the destination country.
- - Delivered: the message has been confirmed as delivered by the local operator of the destination country. The message has been delivered to the destination device on the indicated date/time.
- - Expired: an attempt to deliver the message took place during the established time period (usually during the following 72 hours with several further attempts by the operator). Destination number has been nonoperative during the delivery period so the local operator of the destination country could not deliver the message.
- - Rejected: the message has been rejected by the local operator of the destination country.
- - Non-deliverable: the operator tried to deliver the message but an error has occurred.
- - Duplicate: LabsMobile automatic duplicate prevention filter has discarded the message. An SMS is considered a duplicate when resent with the same text during the same 60 minutes time slot. These messages are tagged as duplicate, will not be sent and will not have cost.
- - Trial: test message through API. Indicated to perform simulations and LabsMobile API integration tests.
- What kind of errors can occur during the message sending and what do they mean?
Errors during message sending and delivering can occur for different reasons depending on the message status:
- - Destination phone number does not exist or has been deactivated.
- - Phone number format is not correct.
- - Local operator of the destination country has detected the message as SPAM or unwanted traffic.
- - Message has been attempted to be delivered during the established time period (usually 72 hours with several further attempts by the operator). Destination number has been nonoperative during the delivery period so the local operator of the destination country could not deliver the message.
- - Destination device does not admit the message reception: due to lack of memory, configuration failure, an incoming message blocking application, etc.
- - GSM network failure during the message delivery process to the device.
- - Punctual or temporary in the LabsMobile platform.
- - Punctual or temporary error in the GSM network or the local operator of the destination country.
- What are message delivery confirmations about?
Message delivery confirmations are notifications received from the local operator of the destination country. They mean that the message has been delivered to the device during the indicated date and time.
In some countries confirmations are network confirmations instead of device notifications due to technical limits. That means that the message has been delivered to the GSM network and message delivery confirmations to the device do not exist.
- Why do messages show a Pending or Sent status?
In case messages remain Pending or Sent it is possible that some LabsMobile platform filters or security measures have temporarily blocked these messages.
First messages sent including links or suspicious words of leading to fraude messages will be blocked until a LabsMobile technician manually validates the message sending. Validated accounts or those which confidence index is high will not have these kind of security measures.
It is also important to review the account message sending capacity limit and other filters like the duplicate prevention filter or automatic shortened links.
- What does an Expired message status mean?
An SMS showing an Expired status means that it could not be delivered during the established time period.
Usually operators have a 72 hours time period during which they attempt to deliver the messages. In case the destination device is not available (no battery, no signal, etc.) operators will repeatedly attempt to deliver the message according to their internal policy.
In case delivery is not achieved, the message will generate an Expired error and there will be no more sending attempts.
- How can I check on sent messages click events?
LabsMobile platform offers a links shorten service to be added in sent text messages and Clicks statistics events producidos en estos enlaces.
The first step is to send shortened links by LabsMobile in the format lm0.eu/XXXXXXX. This feature can be turned onAccount Settings or through the sending shortlink field on the integrated API.
If the link format is lm0.eu/XXXXXXX clicks events will be available through the SMS Historysection. All details related to clicks like IP address, UserAgent, date/time, language, localization, etc., can be checked when filtering the search by Clicks.
- What kind of information or data is stored for each click?
Each one of the hits on clicks sent via SMS in the following format lm0.eu/XXXXXXX are available to check through the dashboard SMS History section.
Stored data for each click are the following:
- - IP Address.
- - UserAgent: Identifier of the browser and device that has clicked.
- - Date/time of the click.
- - Localization: approximate location based on the IP address or exact location if the destination landing web had the geographic localization activated.
- What does a Duplicate message status mean?
An SMS showing a Duplicate status means LabsMobile platform tagged it as a Duplicate SMS and blocked it afterwards.
In detail, the LabsMobile anti-duplicate filter has dismissed the message. A message is considered a duplicate when sent twice with the same text to the same recipient in the same 60 minute time period. These kind of messages will be tagged as duplicate, will not be sent and will not have any cost.
The duplicate filter can be activated/deactivated through the Account settings.