What is it and why do you need a web landing in your bulk SMS strategy?
It is an SMS Marketing technique that consists of including a link within the text of an SMS. This link accesses a web page or landing created exclusively for the campaign or SMS sending.
At LabsMobile we provide a extensive catalog of templates with all the functionalities. Any user can choose a template and customize it easily and quickly.
If you have ever worked on a bulk SMS strategy in your marketing campaigns, you will already know that it is a resource that works. However, an SMS is 160 characters long and nothing more, so sometimes they require support to have even more performance. A good option is a web landing, a landing page that your audience will access through a link in the text of an SMS. This website allows you to take advantage of visibility and SMS reading rates by expanding visibility with content in web format (text, images, video ...). Below we explain more about these landing pages and why you need to include them within your bulk SMS strategy.
A landing web is a landing page that is usually accessed through a link (or url). In our case, we will talk about SMS Landing, that is, an SMS message that includes a link to a landing page enabled and optimized for mobile devices. Therefore, the objective is to take your audience to a website where you can show them your products or services or offer them the information that interests you. So, in principle it sounds good right? Well, there is much more, because the truth is that landing websites have many benefits that we explain below.
Advantages of a web landing in your bulk SMS strategy
1 Conversion increase
The first of these is the increase in conversion. We already know that SMS have a high open rate (around 98%) and a click-through rate that depends on the content, sector, etc. but that is around 30%. Staggering figures that cannot be compared to those of email or other channels.
But turning these interested customers into buying consumers takes one more step. Something that can be achieved thanks to a web landing. If this audience that has already shown an interest when opening the message can visit a web page where the detailed information is shown and it is more likely that they will end up converting.
2 Get metrics, statistics and results
Another great reason why you should include a web landing in your SMS strategy is to obtain metrics, statistics and results from your users. Information is power and when we talk about online marketing even more so.
Therefore, collecting data from your potential customers is an excellent way to offer them personalized products and achieve higher conversion figures. Thanks to the SMS landing you will be able to know:
- Who clicked: know which customer has clicked on your landing web and where they clicked. This is very useful information to know who to direct your next campaigns to, which customers are more receptive, which of them you can send offers to, etc.
- When the click occurred: this is very important information, as it allows us to detect the degree of interest in our products or services. In addition to adding information about users who have clicked more than once. This data is very relevant, since they are loyal users or close to converting.
- Mobile device: thanks to this landing page you will be able to know which terminal your customers use and which operating system they use, which will give you information about their purchasing power, their preferences in terms of technology, etc.
- Location: geolocation will allow you to know in which areas your campaigns are most successful, where you get the best response to your marketing actions, etc.
- Activity: the landing web also provides information about the activity within the page. That is, how the client has moved through the landing and what have been the contents in which they have shown the greatest interest. In this way, you can analyze how to configure your pages to make them more attractive, both in terms of content and design.
In addition, if you link your landing with Google Analytics you will be able to benefit from all the functionalities that this Google service provides, which are many and very exhaustive. You will have access to endless data that, well channeled and correctly valued, will help you a lot in your next SMS marketing strategies.
3 Create Call to Action (CTA)
But the advantages of the landing web do not end here. It is very important to create Call to Action (CTA or calls to action). In this way, you can include links for your audience to perform different actions, such as a call, sending an SMS or opening a Google Maps map with the indicated address. These call to action allow multiple options and are especially interesting because they do not pose any complication for the user, who only has to click to start them.
Interesting right? Because a landing allows you, among others, the following options:
- Internal link: you can link to other content within the same landing.
- External link: a link to any content or internet resource.
- Calls: includes a button through which the user's device initiates a call to the specified phone (for example to a customer service).
- Send SMS: a button that starts sending an SMS to the number and with the specified text.
- Send email: the same, but with an email.
- Open map The user's device will open Google Maps at the specified address. Very useful, for example, if you have a store and you want to indicate how to reach your customers.
- Share on Whatsapp: the process of sharing a text in the user's WhatsApp application will start.
- Unsubscribe link: a link will be assigned to the unsubscribe form.
4 Varied templates designed for mobile
To configure your landing page you have a wide variety of templates on our platform. These are templates created by experts in design and usability, intuitive and attractive. They can be adapted to any use and sector of activity. Furthermore, they have been created as mobile first, that is to say optimized for mobile devices taking advantage of all the functionalities.
These templates allow you to take full advantage of the devices' features (Calls to Action, GPS location...) and are perfectly adapted to different use cases or applications. In fact, they have been designed to respond to the needs of different types of clients and use cases.
5 Direct your audience to different sections or actions
Another of the indisputable advantages of landing webs is that they allow directing the public towards different actions or sections of your page or wherever you consider at all times.
The Calls to action, explained above, are very varied and can include multiple applications or destinations such as:
- Payment links/buttons.
- Link to sections of a website.
- Catalogs, product categories, best sellers or selected products.
- Redirection to a form or survey.
- Customer evaluation or review request.
- Requests for information or answers.
- Other communication or support methods such as phone number or WhatsApp.
6 Link shortener to get the most out of clicks
As you can see, you can direct your potential customers wherever you want, but you can also do it through shortened links. In other words, when sending a link to a Landing, the LabsMobile platform shortens the link automatically. This allows this link to occupy the minimum number of characters and, in addition, to obtain statistics, data and click count. A double advantage that will give you more information to act accordingly.
7 Extensive customization options
Last but not least. Landing pages are very interesting because they are 100% customizable. In this way, your client will not have the feeling of being in a standard form. Quite the opposite. Thanks to the Editor of LabsMobile you will be able to create a totally unique page. This practical tool, easy to use and very intuitive, allows you to use the base templates mentioned above.
You can customize by adding different interchangeable modules to structure the information. In addition, you can adjust the parameters and customize the content of each module with text, images and icons, add links ...
As you can see, landing pages are a very useful tool that you cannot overlook in your SMS marketing campaigns. Thanks to the resources that LabsMobile offers you, it will be very easy for you to implement them and include them in your text messages to increase your conversion and reach more customers. In addition, this service does not have any additional cost, since it is included in the price of SMS messages. At LabsMobile you only pay for the messages sent, nothing more.
Do you dare to create your landing web for your SMS campaigns? It will be very easy for you and it will help you multiply your results. Also, if you have questions, do not hesitate to contact us for more information and advice for your specific case, we will be happy to help you!
How does it work the SMS landing web?
All you have to do is have a LabsMobile user account and access the WebSMS application with a username and password.
In the SMSLanding section you can choose and customize the templates in the Editor.
When sending SMS messages you must select the template and include the link within the text of the SMS.
Once the SMSLanding campaign has been sent, you can consult the Statistics and in the History the data of each message sent: accesses, clicks, actions, etc.
How much does it cost the SMS landing web?
The SMSLanding service has no extra cost. It is included as a service within the WebSMS application.
The SMS messages sent with SMSLanding are the same price as a conventional SMS. The use of templates also doesn't incur any additional cost.
Any user registered in LabsMobile has unlimited access to the SMSLanding service.
How is it contracted the SMS landing web?
- Sign up for free, create a user account here.
- After signing up, you will receive a username and password to access the WebSMS application and the SMSLanding service.