Frequently asked questions about SMS coverage and prices
- To which countries can messages be sent?
LabsMobile platform offers worldwide coverage. We have direct and high quality routes that guarantee the best SMS connectivity. Our priority is selecting the best routes to guarantee delivery and maximize functionalities (delivery time, sender, delivery confirmation, etc.).
Through the dashboard of each account credit packs can be acquired to be used for sending messages to any destination country.
- How much does an SMS cost? On what does it depend?
The price of an SMS sent from LabsMobile platform depends on two factors:
- - Destination country. The destination phone number must include the recipient country prefix. A price in credits will be deducted depending on that destination country. Consumed credits by each standard can be checked through the Services and credits by countrysection. The price of a standard SMS can also be checked through the Prices section available on our website.
- - Type and length of the text. A standard SMS can only contain GSM Alphabet characters and have a 160 characters length. If characters sent are not included in the GSM Alphabet (accents, emojis, symbols, etc.) an Unicode SMS with a maximum capacity of 70 characters must be sent. It is possible to send a standard SMS and a Unicode SMS concatenated that the recipient will receive as just one message. It has to be borne in mind that each part of the message will deduct the corresponding amount of credits.
- How much does a credit cost and what is its usefulness?
LabsMobile platform credits have the funcion of an intermediate unit to use any of the products or services available on the platform. Therefore, through any purchase or top-up credits are acquired and remain available in the account for its usage.
Credits can be used to send any type of SMS (standard, Unicode, certified, concatenated, etc.) to any destination country.
Each credit price depends on the volume of the pack purchased. Credit or message prices can be consulted on the same Prices section available on our website or during the first step of the purchasing process.
- Is it necessary to purchase a pack for each country message sending?
- How can I check my account credit balance?
- What is the difference between credits and messages?
LabsMobile platform credits are an intermediate unit that can be acquired purchasing or topping-up your account balance. The balance of all accounts is expressed in credits that can be used to send SMS. Depending on the country destination and type of message (standard, Unicode, Certified, Concatenated, etc.) credits that will be deducted are calculated.
The correspondence between credits and standard messages can be consulted on the Services and credits by countrysection.
- Why do my message sendings deducted more credits than usual?
SMS price varies depending on the country destination, type of characters, and text length of the message.
On the Prices section available on our website and during the first step of the purchasing process the price of the standard 160 character message is displayed. A standard message must include GSM Alphabet characters only.
If the message includes other characters (accents, emojis, symbols, etc) that are not present on the GSM Alphabet it will be sent as an Unicode SMS with maximum character capacity is 70.
In case of sending standard messages including more than 160 characters or Unicode messages including more than 70 characters, concatenated messages will be applied. This type of messages will be delivered to the recipient as just one message but each part of it will deduct the corresponding amount of credits.
- How can I get notified when my account balance is about to get depleted?
By default you will be notified by email (email notifications) when your account balance reaches 50 credits and 10 credits.
In the Notification settings section balance alerts can be modified for any other number of credits balance you prefer. But you will always receive the 10 credits balance notification.
We recommend you to configure the Automatic top-ups so the account balance will never get depleted.
- How can I avoid my account balance from getting depleted?
You will receive several email notifications when the account balance reaches a specific amount of credits (by default when it reaches 50 credits and 10 credits). When these notifications are received the corresponding credit top-ups must be done manually.
However, we recommend to configure the Automatic top-ups so the account balance will never get depleted. Through this automatic top-ups feature you can choose a specific minimum credit balance after which the configured top-up amount of credits will be done with the corresponding credit card charge.